1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

United States dept. of commerce survey.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Terry Bennett, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Have any of you been lucky enough to receive one of these in the mail. I ignored the first letter. I am not really excited about giving any more info to the feds than I have to. I got a reminder letter in the mail the other day with wording on the outside that says compliance is required by law. Of course my first thought was this is some kind of scam, but it seems that the Census bureau thinks that this info is important for some reason. From the very limited research I did online it seems that this came from the current administration. WTF I thought they were decreasing Govt. regulations. From what I have seen online they haven't prosecuted anyone for non compliance since 1970. I am tempted to ignore it and tell them to pound sand. I'm pretty much a small fish so I can't see how me giving my info to the feds will make one shit of difference in the total outcome. To add insult to injury I was reading in the paper today that the census bureau wants to add a question to the 2020 census asking if you are a citizen of the US.
    The left is blowing a gasket. Wouldn't want to actually apportion congressional seats according to the population of actual legal residents of the country now would we. Sorry for getting off topic, and Ken if you think this needs to be moved to current events please feel free to do so.
    In the end my question to all of you is Do I fill out the online survey or not?

sgsmith likes this.
  2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I received something a year or so back from the Census bureau. Like you I ignored it for a while. Then I filled it out and sent it in. THEN, I received a letter reminding me that I better comply. Well I already had weeks earlier, so I ignore that. Never heard anything else.

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

the last census survey i got years ago. i just put down how many people lived in the house and ignored all the personal stuff, like race & income, Etc...

never heard anything.

4. catman

catman Active Member

There are a number of questions that simply do not apply to what we do, however there are some opportunities to “suggest “ that there is too much government regulation in play. If you are not afraid of being put on another “list”, I would encourage you to fill it out. Besides that, Participation is compulsory!

5. msestak

well...if you find a question on the form some year that wants to know how many guns and how much ammo you own...will you answer it honestly ??

i am a huge privacy advocate and there is only so much info i am willing to give out. they probably have it anyway, but not from me. i stopped using my debit card except for cash withdrawls at the atm. i do not have a passport and will never get one of those "Real I.D."'s they are forcing on us.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I am almost 60 and have NEVER taken a census report ... ever. Never received one in the mail and never had anyone ring the doorbell.

:)

Kerby...

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

But Kerby, don't you keep a mounted Rattler on your front porch??? ;)

8. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    OK, I followed Catman's suggestion that I fill out the survey and give the Govt. my info/opinion. Besides I think I am already on every "list" there is. I have been
    "randomly" selected 6 of the last ten years for USFWS harvest surveys and wing collection. I spent 45 minutes of my life I will never get back. It reminded me of the public school testing that I was subject to in the 70's. It seemed like I spent weeks filling in the the little ovals with my #2 pencil. Oh well at least some of the bureaucrats that sponge off the rest of us will get their check at the end of the week.

On another note, supposedly passwords aren't visible to the Govt paper pushers. In this case I hope they can see mine so they can see how I really feel.

msestak likes this.
  9. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

They were gettin the check either way... ;)...lol

10. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Seems like its more for the performing arts. I half-assed filled it out, wrote in the notes section for them to NEVER send me one of these again. After mailing, got a notice that they had not received it. I've done my part, go sue the US Mail!

msestak likes this.
  11. msestak

I'm pretty sure i am on every list they have and they most likely have an entire folder or more on me due to all the e-mails i have sent to the whitehouse over the years.
    most of them have been asking where they get the brain dead people that come up with all those asinine ideas and what ever it is they are smoking, please keep it to themselves. the recent one was "when are you going to do something about the STUPID VIRUS that is infecting all the politicians and the 9th circuit court"

12. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Some beancounter trying to justify their job