1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bronzing - copper finish and adding Patina

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by jimmy s., Aug 8, 2018.

1. Does anyone have any techniques they care to share on this? I have a couple skulls I'd like to do for my personal collection that I really don't want to risk losing in the mail shipping to someone who does them. Thanks!!

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Have you looked on YouTube? I've seen videos and how to's on there for doing metalizing, bronzing and all sorts of things. Some also show you what to buy and how to do different effects.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

George did an excellent tutorial years ago. Maybe you can find it. Sad that so much good information on this site cannot easily be retrieved. I've done them by his process and they cam out great!

4. Yes I did look on youtube maybe not in depth enough. I didnt fond exactly what I was looking for thought. Maybe I could search a little more. I also did see Georges post but from my understanding of it it was for a solid bronzing/copper finish. I really want a copper/bronze finish that I can add the greening patina too as when copper/bronze ages. Thanks!