1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Molding and Casting a Fish

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by Cole, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I just came out with a video on molding and casting. I know a lot of people have been asking about it, so here is a preview.

2. Ihntdeer

Ihntdeer Member

Is the casting video available for purchase?

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

4. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Just finished watching Cole's video and all I can say is WOW ! Awesome job Cole and very very informative. I've molded fish before and struggled trying to learn on my own. Now I'm ready to try some new techniques from Cole .
    Thanks man for a awesome video looking forward to getting some more from you .
    Tommy Rogers

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thanks Tommy, I appreciate that. I'm glad you picked up some new ideas, and look forward to seeing the results.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  6. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Cole, I bought your DVD'S for molding and casting a Crappie. Great DVDs, now my question is if my cellulose insulation will work as bedding?

Attached Files:

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I feel like you will struggle with that. Try some play sand, or the high fiber McKenzie is selling.

8. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I also got the painting the Crappie DVD. I like the options of looking at different ways to paint fish. I also got most of Rick Kranes fish DVD's, this Spring I have been painting, chips of fish scales made of gell coat from a reproduction bass I have. nice to try mixing colors and different ways of coloring fish. We can call it painting but in true figures it is coloring.
    Either with a paint or a powder or colored charcoal, even ladies make up. All's good.

antlermike likes this.