1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some have mentioned, "this site isn't as lively as it once was.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by fish stuffer, Aug 13, 2018.

1. fish stuffer

fish stuffer Active Member

Is F,B. hurting this site? People go there to discuss Taxi issues instead of here.

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

I just got on FB. But I still come here everyday. I prefer here. But as you said it's slow. Not many people here as there used to be. I see this site mentioned a bunch over there though. Especially the archives. I'll be here as long as it stays up.

pir^2h, fish stuffer and rigbobby like this.

3. This is still my go to place for answers needed. I know there are some great taxidermists I've talked to on FB but there are also many out there that give horrible advice. Taxi.net will forever be my go to place as long as its alive. P.S. I'm on here daily haha

4. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

I come here. I am probably one of the few 29 year olds that DON'T use Facebook for much. I like it here, I log in every day Mon-Fri. A little less on the weekends because real life happens.

pir^2h and fish stuffer like this.
  5. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I think with it being summer for most of the members here there are better things to do than play on taxinet. It’s always a little slow when it’s nice outside.

6. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

I check in daily whether I'm signed in or not. I have a Facebook page for my taxidermy business but thats it. This is my go to site for all things taxidermy. I miss searching the "Old Forums" though...it was a treasure trove of knowledge in there.

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

You can still search them. They haven't gone anywhere. Use the Advanced Search and, if you use good search terms, all manner of info comes up including anything pertinent in the old archives. If you want, the old section is here www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php but it is now locked.

Megan :) and Dave Byrd like this.
  8. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

Thanks Sea Wolf but I'm referring to the search results from the "big orange search button". I can't seem to access those anymore. I'm sure the platform that supported them is probably obsolete by now.

9. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

FB, is non archiveable and not searchable really. So much junk to wade through, plus not enough people get called out for being total idiots (no idea how many times ive seen people recommending boiling sheep horns etc. And then arguing with literally world champ taxidermists that its fine/better even). Ive been switching back to taxi net more. Plus FB isnt supportive of hunting or our industry, so it would be in our own interests to stay away from that platform as much as possible I reckon. . . .But it is good free advertising unfortunately . . . Until the antis decide to swamp your page lol.

KatieC, Chippers, BrookeSFD16 and 2 others like this.
  10. If you want excitement go to taxidermy 101 site,reminds of the good old days of grade school.

joeym and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  11. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

You know a little something about them Antis don't you! Lol

NMJagdHunter likes this.
  12. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Just the dull days of summer.

13. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Today’s information is gone tomorrow on FB. And there are a ton of experts there. I prefer to be here when it comes taxidermy discussion. I’m no expert, have nothin to hide, and enjoy learning and sharing what little I know.

14. kythunter

kythunter New Member

I'm just getting into taxidermy and have been a member on taxidermy.net for a few months. I prefer taxidermy.net over FB. I'm learning a lot on this sight and enjoy looking at "this is my first deer mount please critique" posts. I'm on here most week days.

15. Chippers

Chippers Member

I don't like using FB, it just seems very cluttered. Makes me feel like an old fart at the age of 19. I prefer taxi.net over any other site because people are very knowledgeable and not afraid to call others out on their mistakes. While I don't post much of my own work here, I have always received useful advice and enjoyed reading critiques of others' work. If anything, I think some of the other youngins might find posting on here to be intimidating because of the "harsh" critique. Don't get me wrong though, I believe the best way to improve is to be very critical of one's own work and refine it based on its flaws.

I spend a good bit of time on Instagram and my main complaint about its taxidermy community is that everyone is too friendly and afraid of offending others. You can find foxes that look like they've gone through the garbage disposal with comments saying, "It's so lifelike!", etc. I love this site for its blunt honesty and hope it never changes.

KatieC, Megan :) and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  16. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have never done F Book and never will. My wife is on it a lot and all it does is get her riled up and bent out of shape over nothing. There may be some good advice on F Book but anything I could find there I can certainly find on here. I have learned a lot on here, had a lot of questions answered and picked up more tips than I can remember. Go Taxi.net! Long may you live.