1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

It’s “habitat season” at WalMart!

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by joeym, Aug 15, 2018.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

5E218327-46FF-4A6A-9EB8-98BB9924C8AF.jpeg My wife keeps her eyes open for these jewels in August...they disappear fast. 6 small cattails for 97 cents. They go great with waterfowl and Fish mounts. She bought 40 of these at one store last night.

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Great find! We always look through the fake plants everywhere we go. Never know when you'll find some good looking Taxidermy plants.

Wildthings likes this.

3. Those leaves don't look at all like the cattails we have in Minnesota.

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I cut them off and leave the long slender leaves. Those are probably Chinese cattails, lol!

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

foreground materials...... not habitat where did that term come from anyway .... sounds like the snap together generation made that one up

jessewild likes this.
  6. Jaegerbones

Jaegerbones New Member

I also saw some nice ones at Dollar tree in the fall. I got a nice leaf vine and some other leafy stuff to go in my snake's terrarium for a slightly more natural look for fall. They had a lot of other nice ones but I didn't snag them since they had somewhat loose parts I wouldn't want to put into an animal enclosure.