1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Knoblochs Para Tan

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Shawnti, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Shawnti

Shawnti New Member

Hello Fellow Taxidermists, I am hoping to get a few tips and tricks for using Knoblochs ParaTan. I've just started using it, however the directions are a bit limited.
    One part of the directions state to have your tan set at 90 degrees F. Does this mean the temperature needs to be at 90 degrees for the duration of the tan? I'm in the southern hemisphere and it is winter at this time and am looking for ways to keep the solution at a consistent temperature.
    Also, it states 24 hours to tan. Surely this would be different for different skins?
    I had a trial run, followed the directions mostly to a T (apart from the water temp) and had slippage on my skin.
    Any feedback anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much!

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I've never tried Paratan, but you can call or email Knobloch's. They are very helpful with info on using their products.

Shawnti likes this.

3. Shawnti

Shawnti New Member

Thank you Jon, Yes I have emailed Knoblochs directly and my email bounced back to me. I might have to contact Van Dykes or McKenzies directly to find in there is additional info available.