1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobwhite Quail DVD Recommendations

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by KennethShane, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of a good BW Quail DVD that they’d recommend. I’ve searched around and found a couple. Just wondering which ones would be most beneficial to a beginner. Thanks!

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I like my Research Mannikins DVD with Stephan Savides. It's a standing one and I don't remember if it is a bobwhite or not, but, I seem to remember that it was. Taxidermy Training Unlimited has one by Danny Owens. Both DVDs are by award winning taxidermists and even though I haven't seen Danny's DVD, I have seen his grouse and turkey DVDs and trust his ability to teach quality methods for a quality mount.

3. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

The Stephan Savides DVD is mounting a Valley Quail, but there is absolutely no reason it couldn't be used to learn a bobwhite. That's what I bought it for. I own it and it's a fine DVD. He mounts the quail standing on that DVD. I find most all instructional DVD's to be suitable for the beginner, unless it specifically says, "advanced techniques" or "competition methods" or the like.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Female quail if I remember right. For the most part, in a general sense, a quail is a quail.

5. Thanks for the help! I’ll try that one out.