1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Biggest euro in the world.

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by fish stuffer, Sep 12, 2018.

1. fish stuffer

fish stuffer Active Member

What do ya'll think about that guy pulling up the Irish elk skull from a lake? U-tube. I'd shure like to have it.

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I saw that! The maceration time was a little long!

Megan :) and fish stuffer like this.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Damn. Right place at the right time.

[​IMG]

3bears likes this.
  4. Carb nut

Carb nut Member

That looks like a fossil I’ve never seen Irish elks that big
    Edit: nvm it is, but wouldn’t it be broken down? Like the dinosaur fossils? Or something

5. Sea Wolf

At @10,000 years old, it's a fossil. That big? That's a small one compared to ones in museums I've seen pics of. Chances are that that lake, wasn't there when these critters were roaming around. 70 miles and more off shore of where I live, boats often bring up ice age fossils of mammoths and other animals of the time. Back then, what is now under 100 feet of water, was dry ground.

George and Chippers like this.
  6. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome. Wouldn't be able to fit that in my house though :D

7. Sea Wolf

I bet you could get it in the door sideways.

8. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

9. Sea Wolf

10. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

fossils did you see the hammer they found in texas so old the handle was turning to coal shows people were here 10,000 years ago

12. byrdman

wonder if theres any dna in teeth japanese can clone it

13. Sea Wolf

The "London Hammer"? Carbon dating on that showed it to be between modern age to 700 years old. Iron in that is modern. Iron does weird things when sitting in mineral rich environments. You should see the huge rocks they bring up off the bottom of the ocean here with cannons inside of them as well as other odd iron things. Takes them a long time to dissolve off the rock as they don't want to bash it off and damage what is inside.

14. byrdman

no it was embedded in a rock that was 400 million years old and wood handle was starting to turn to coal steel was more pure than our modern steel experts dated it between 400-500 million years old

15. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm with Sea Wolf on this one. That is a SMALL Irish elk to a couple that I've seen. I think the one Ken Walker did for the World Show some years back had a much bigger spread though the palmation may not have been as big.

16. Sea Wolf

Impressive job.

[​IMG]

Megan :) likes this.