1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 12" October Edition 2018!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 12" October Edition 2018!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! October is here and so being some of the best Musky fishing here in the Northeast! Smallie’s are beautiful this time of the year as well the browns and the Brookie’s alike! Get out there and add to your reference collection!

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month of September was a great month for truly inspiring photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of October with a Musky project brought to us by good friend Jim Pellerin of Gorham Maine!

Can’t wait to see your work this month! See you in November! Be safe and be kind to one another!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

Please enjoy a Musky in progress!!

_DSC0290.JPG

_DSC0295a.jpg

_DSC0288.JPG

IMG_6374.jpg IMG_6378.jpg

tviper56, Cecil, ctracker and 11 others like this.
  2. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Heres three wipers I did for a lodge.
    IMG_20180927_172533.jpg 1686419347.png IMG_20180927_172748.jpg

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

A pedestal redfish I did recently redfish 2.jpg redfish 1.jpg

4. oldyellowdog

oldyellowdog Member

beautiful redfish!!

5. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

3E86EE8D-E939-4A19-B56D-03328297F44D.jpeg 42A49B74-7790-4B0E-B3F7-5442BC94C2F7.jpeg Work on a crawl I molded.

Cecil likes this.
  6. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Genuine / original head of a Brown trout. Great work on that Redfish, fishmaster!
    A successful October to all! _DSC1107_©.JPG

7. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

That brown is as good as it gets! Amazing, and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Swissfish likes this.
  8. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Cory those mounts are sweet. Did you make the backboards?

9. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Thank you for the compliment Lance.G, much appreciated!

Lance.G likes this.
  10. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

11. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

No. I had Jason Byers out of Illinois make them for me. I gave him the dimensions that would work with the size of the fish and he made them. I'm not sure if he is on here or not but you can find him on Facebook.
    PS-I don't think he makes the frames anymore; just the solid backboards.

12. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

27 in pink replica. LCR blank
    0AB43407-75F6-4372-943C-D4A9E069D4A2.jpeg

Wayne S, tviper56, JHardman and 15 others like this.
  13. lapoisse

lapoisse Member

France
    lake trout 30 "
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cecil, AnglingArtisan, swb and 6 others like this.
  14. Couple black crappie Small head.jpg Biggin.jpg Small.jpg

15. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Norhern pike from FINland. 115cm /45" And about 12,2kg / 27lbs
    Hauki TPS.jpg

16. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

A few finished versions of my blank MBNT-28 that "Captain" Bryan Russell called into question on Facebook... if anyone has been following that...the one he calls "pancaked" and his buddies say "looks like it was ran over by a truck". The blank is indeed concave on the front side as it is convex on the backside because it has a swimming curve to it "Captain" :rolleyes:
    mbnt-10b.PNG mbnt-10.PNG mbnt-10a.PNG

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Wayne S, tviper56, JE and 15 others like this.
  17. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

Not sure why my name is brought up here? But since it is here’s a picture. Garbage! Richie I’m sure you’ll be out of business again soon as usual! You had the same problem with the guy that’s named JL on here he called you out on a Brook trout blank and you couldn’t accept responsibility.
    And by the way getting a US Coast Guard captains license is an accomplishment not sure why the jealousy. And yes you can call me “Captain”.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  18. Mark J Whitehead

Mark J Whitehead New Member

Im new to Fish. Heres my 2nd Bass. 74BA1FA4-A530-447F-8D03-38429C478C9E.jpeg

Sotired likes this.
  19. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Wow, what a piece of crap repro.I had the same quality fish sent from him, a brook trout. Made a "Carnival mount" out of it to get my $$$ back out of it.

20. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Righty-o mate...
    I should be ashamed of myself for peddling such rubbish...
    brook.PNG

JE and Lance.G like this.