1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Credit card companys

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Galen, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

I need to find a different credit card company so I can Take cards for payment . Who does everyone use and Why. Are they good to work with ? Do they a have a person you can call if something happens ?

Thank you for any and all help ,, Have a Great Day
    Galen Getting

Monte likes this.
  2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I went with the Square "Point of Sale" unit. I think it cost around $150. No monthly fees. 2.9% on swiped cards, 3.1% on manual entries. No monthly fee. No use, no charge. Money is usually in my bank account within 48 hours.

socalmountainman likes this.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I use intuit and a card reader for my phone the reader was under a 100 bucks and rest is similar to square

4. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

i use Chase, no problems, one set rate, great customer service.

5. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Thank you for your input everyone ,,,have a great day.

Galen

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Lawdy Lawdy...I've been screwed hard and bad by Chase Card...contracts, extra card fees, processing machine charges...never, never no mo' never!!!!

Cecil likes this.
  7. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

"Lawdy Lawdy...I've been screwed hard and bad by Chase Card...contracts, extra card fees, processing machine charges...never, never no mo' never!!!!"

Not sure if you had the same chase payment tech . i have no contract, one set fee, bought my first machine and they have gave me new updated ones when i need them at no charge and i have had them for over 10 years.

joeym likes this.
  8. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

I agree with joeym Square Point of sale.... But I am starting to charge for my customer to use a card...... The fee is 2.9% and I charge 3%.

9. I charge it back to customers as well, But I tell them forehand. There always ok with it.

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Better off building the 3% into the price then those who pay cash is more money in your pocket. My opinion.

AFTHUNT and joeym like this.