1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Syringe Help For Infecting Feet

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Nick1176, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Nick1176

Nick1176 New Member

Where is the best place to find 6cc 20 gauge syringes? I am having a hell of a time finding them online that are reasonably priced. Also can I reuse the syringe after infecting the masters blend if it’s cleaned thoroughly?

2. dale65

dale65 Active Member

If you have a tractor supply around you they usely have them

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ditto. Farm supply places have hypos for livestock in all sizes. And big boxes of them.

4. Jeffers pet supply. even with shipping they are way cheaper than any farm store that I have found. your 6cc 20GA are 16.99 for a box of 100. I keep 2 sizes on hand, 1 for smaller ducks and 1 for larger feet like geese

5. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Yes they can be reused. I usually get anywhere from 8 -12 sets of feet before I have to change them out.

6. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

I have to buy them off Etsy.. like 100 for 28 dollars or so

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

At our farm coop, a 3 ml syringe comes with a 21 gauge needle for less than a buck. You can clean them with acetone and use them several times. Many veterinarians will sell them also.

8. retriever5

retriever5 New Member

Med-Vet International in Mettawa, Illinois has 3cc syringes with 20g needle for $6.99 per hundred. Not sure how much shipping would be.

9. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

I went to the pharmacy and picked up a bunch.