1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help With Degreasing And Whitening

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Hardhorned, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Gatorhog94

Gatorhog94 New Member

BO works great but I’m having a problem keeping it off the antler bases. I’ve wrapped them as tight as I can with electrical tape and then a plastic bag and more electrical tape but it still seems to seep through. Is there any kind of tape that would keep the BO from getting onto the antler bases?

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

You can try wrapping tight with Saran Wrap but you might still get some leakage. Try putting the skulls in a shallow plastic storage shoe box. Fill with peroxide until just below the antlers then use white paper towels in strips to go up and over the skull and under the antler burrs. Keep the paper towels wet with peroxide till it has whitened. Once you do a few, restaining antlers isn't hard and really should be a skill you can do. Someone, eventually, is going to bring you a bleached out rack (or you will find one) and will want to make it look fresh again. There are several posts on here on what to use and tutorials on how to do it.