1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Southern Regional Taxidermy Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 20th through 22nd, 2008
    The Southern Regional Taxidermy Convention & Competition [​IMG]
    Whispering Woods Hotel and Conference Center, Olive Branch, MS (near Memphis)
    Contact Willis Huston at 901-465-7556 or <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Denton Shearin</A> at 731-426-4602.

2. cj

cj Member

Mississippi-Southern Regional Convention

Any one know what types of seminars and times? Thanks

3. Re: Mississippi-Southern Regional Convention

I saw somewhere that the dates were March 6-8 and on here under conventions it shows March 20-22. I will call tommorrow and try to find out some info.

4. Re: Mississippi-Southern Regional Convention

The dates were changed to March 20th-22nd and will be held at the Whispering Woods Hotel and Confrence Center in Olive Branch MS. The phone # is 662-895-2941.

Thursday March 20th 1:30-4:30 Duck Mount with Scott Dixon
    4:00-6:00 Supply area open

Friday March 21st 8:00-11:30 Seminars: Turky with Larry White Head, Habitat with Gene Russell, Snake mount with Shawn Poe, Deer with Denton Shearin, & a Childerens seminar TBA
    1:30-4:30 Seminars: Goose-jump pose with David Meagher, Deer with Frazier Craig, TBA with Ray Murphy, TBA Childerens seminar

Saturday March22nd 8:30- 11:30 Seminars: Racoon Part 1 with Wes Burris, Hog with Jack Russell, Tanning & Fleshing with Randy Bateman, TBA with Harry Vermillion, TBA childrens seminar
    1-:30-4:30 Racoon part 2, Duck with Randy Terry, Painting a L.M. Bass with Alan Gobel

6:00 Dinner Awards & Auction

5. cj

cj Member

Re: Mississippi-Southern Regional Convention

never been to a show but planning on attending this one, do you have to preregister to go to any of the seminars or just be there on time thanks

6. Re: Mississippi-Southern Regional Convention

Contact Denton Shearin at 731-426-4602 For more information

7. mount it

mount it My Mount

Who is going to the SRC in Olive Branch

It looks like that we may Not be able to make the Olive Branch Convention after all. Hope that everyone that is going has a good time. Randall

8. Re: Who is going to the SRC in Olive Branch

We are going. There was some confusion when the hotel broke their contract. But shapes up to be a fantastic event.
    Jim

9. mount it

mount it My Mount

Re: Who is going to the SRC in Olive Branch

Jim, Glad o here you are coming. Very sorry to here about the fire. Randall

10. Southern Regional Taxidermy Convention

The SRTC is shaping up and looks like it will be a good show, considering the hotel would not honer their contract. We have a number of supplier signed up to attend. Listed below are the suppliers that have signed up so far. If you are going to purchase from them you may want to give them a call and pre order. This is a great opportunity to save on high shipping rates.

Dixieland Taxidermy Supply
    James Supply Company ( Formerly Kings Taxidermy Supply)
    Authentic Taxidermy Supply
    Van Dykes Taxidermy Supply
    Derma Grip
    Tohicken
    Beetleworks
    Seminole Fur Dressing
    Metalwork's
    Dixie Classic Panels

For more information Contact Denton Shearin at 731-426-4602

11. Huggs

Huggs Member

I'm going but not until Friday.

12. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I'm planning on going...will not be there til 1:00AM on Friday morning. My wife teaches a night class and we cannot leave until 9:00pm Thursday night.

13. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

we were coming down from missouri, but its easter weekend, couldnt be back in time for easter sunday with the family, and that is a tradition i cannot break if i want to be alive the day after, LOL hope to see some of you at the arkansas, louisiana or texas shows, i will be at those and the oklahoma and missouri shows as well, Russ

14. Southern Regional Convention is up and going

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The Southern Regional Convention and show in Olive Branch, MS. is going on Today, Tomorrow and Saturday. It is still not to late to attend. We have a wonderful line of seminars for the show and their is around ten suppliers ready to service your taxidermy needs.

Registration of mounts will start Friday morning at 8 a.m. We look forward to seeing you their.
    [/size][/size][/size][/size]

15. mount it

mount it My Mount

Re: Southern Regional Convention is up and going

GREAT SHOW

We just got home and had a great time. Great seminars and very friendly people. Anyone wanting to attend a great show should bethere next year. It will be the 5,6, and 7 th of March. Randall