1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paint Bottles

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by rbear, Nov 20, 2018.

1. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

2. I have, but the best laid plans.......... The paint still thickens and dries in the bottle. I've tried putting the cap on and tape over the air hole. You would have to use it much faster than I do. Back to my gravity feeds.

3. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. It was just a thought and was looking for some opinions.
    Ralph

4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

There fine if you’re going to do production work were as your going to paint a ton of fish .
    I use mostly gravity fed and for me useless plus I only use my cheap brushes for metallic paint. This way the metals only ruin those tips and not my detail brush.
    Also same advice as above as what happens if your not using them day to day work

5. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. I was thinking of getting a new brush and thought bottles may be a good investment. I ended up getting a gravity feed brush and tried it out over the holidays. I was amazed at how much better it worked then my siphon brush. The only thing I wished I would have done different is to get the one with the smaller cup.