1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Site Etiquette Question?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by E. Byrd, Dec 2, 2018.

1. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

so I have been talking to a guy about purchasing a cape on here and we were in touch for a couple days. I agreed to send him a check and now it’s been 5 days and he won’t reply to any of my messages. The check hasn’t been cashed yet and I’m holding out hope that something came up and he hasn’t been on here but I’m getting a little nervous with no response. 180 bucks isn’t a huge amount but it’s enough that I can’t just afford to throw it away either. Is considering a stop payment bad business on my part or should i give more time for a response?

2. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Who did you buy it from? Did you search them in the buyers/sellers section to see if they had positive feedback?

3. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

I don’t really wanna call the guy out because it truly may be something going on that he hasn’t been able to reply. I just noticed that he’d been a member for several years. I didn’t know I could research him through his profile.

4. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be worried about that just yet. I was only asking because there are lot of trustworthy sellers on this site and I was hoping to tell you that he was one of them and not to worry. If you don’t want to post it publicly you could message it to me.

5. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

For the record I consider myself a reputable seller and have never had bad dealings on this site but I often go more than 5 days without communication with perspective buyers especially if the deal has been made already.

E. Byrd likes this.
  6. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

I’ll give it a little time then. Thanks

Rausch likes this.
  7. If he hasn’t cashed the check, he may not have received it yet. As of right now you or out ZERO dollars. You shouldn’t hit the panic button until that check clears and then no response after a few days from the seller.

E. Byrd likes this.
  8. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

You’re welcome.

9. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Always check a name if it is unfamiliar to you. Not in the profile. Just do a Search of the name. If there are posts calling the seller/buyer out they will come up.

10. True. I have been scammed but that being said there definately is more reputable sellers on here then not. Give it a few more days and PM him/her

11. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I've never been scammed by a seller on this site, and sometimes I'm a seller myself. Hope it works out for you.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.