1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

[sold] Beautiful Large Marten For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Jason Cox, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jason Cox

Jason Cox Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 2:19 PM
    socalmountainman likes this.
  2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

american mart "e " n no pine marten in n america

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Well, you are correct biologically but, most trappers out here in the west all call'em pine martens. The name has stuck and you'll argue until you're blue in the face. But then out here in the west we count our 'points' in pairs on our western deer...... go figure (lol)!

Jason Cox likes this.
  4. byrdman

trappers catch "civets" too but this is not a trapper site and sellers/ taxidermists need proper labeling for what is being bought/sold also a "martin" is a purple bird

5. socalmountainman

Pretty difficult to confuse his pictures for a weasel or a fisher but it sounds like you are giving the new guy a hard time. We all know what he meant by "martin" so he misspelled it... that doesn't make what he offers any less important. Lighten up. By the way you misspelled 'byrdman' but, I know what you mean. Life is short. Be nice.

Jason Cox and Rausch like this.
  6. byrdman

oh well did lynyrd skynyrd spell thier name wrong

7. Jason Cox

Jason Cox Member

Lol...well looks like I wont be winning the local spelling bee anytime soon...My dreams for attending the internaional nerd convention are shattered forever...lol..Thanks for correcting my spelling. I will fix the post...I'm working 20 hours a day right now. I hope thay buys a little empathy from the buyers.

Tom Mayer likes this.
  8. socalmountainman

You're all right Jason Cox! These old guys like to give the new guys a hard time but it's all in fun. Keep selling here, a lot of people looking for stuff to mount. And you will get great asvice on skinning those out for taxidermy as well! Welcome to the forum! Joe

Jason Cox likes this.
  9. Jason Cox

Jason Cox Member

Thanks Joe!