1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Attempt

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Williamson, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Much appreciated

2. jk

jk Active Member

I do not know your circumstance but I mounted one deer when I was 18, then wanted to get serious about the business and took a week long class from Joe Meder, I think it cost me $1200 but it was the best money I ever spent. Now 25 years later I am cranking out some pretty solid mounts. Won our state show for best all around taxidermist in 1999. Have not really competed a lot lately, too busy trying to keep up with the business. (Took a commercial mount to our state show 2 years ago and it scored a 90- 1st place ribbon) Best of Luck.

Williamson likes this.

3. I
    i would like to join a class but im having a hard time finding one in west tennessee theres one in jackson tn i have called and emailed but never got a reply

4. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Active Member

Revolution Taxidermy supply carries eyes with white lines on them you can follow to help keep them equal side to side and will help you with the shape until your more comfortable shaping them on your own. Also play with the ears before skinning the head out and pay attention to how they move and the they aren't exactly the same as when the animal was alive but you can see some things that will help you. I use the earliners and ear butts from OAT's Taxidermy supply as they make that part real easy. Lots of options out there for you to try out to help your mounts look better. Better than paper forms and blue glint eyes for years past. Keep at it and good luck.

Williamson likes this.