1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How Do I Use Para-tan?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Taxtiles, Dec 11, 2018.

1. I've recently purchased para-tan as Lutan was out of stock.

I haven't got any instructions on how to use Para-tan. I've looked at different forums and other websites but it still isn't very clear on how to use it. The knoblochs website is currently offline.

If anybody has any clear instructions on how to use para-tan, please let me know.

Many thanks

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You can purchase the tanning DVD from Research Mannikins where Mark Daniels from Knoblock's and Mark McClain from Research Mannikins show you how to tan with both Liqua tan and Para-tan.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

All you need to do is call the company up from who you bought it and they can either tell you over the phone or email

4. Thanks, I ended up having to make it up essentially. The DVD wasn't very clear. Converting from imperial to metric was a bit of a nightmare. In the end I used 1.36078 kg of Paratan and 6 kg of salt in the end.

5. I did, they gave me the most elusive instructions I've ever seen. [​IMG]
    No specific instructions on recipe...asked them and no reply. Ended up looking at the research manakin DVD, even then that wasn't very clear so I made it up myself...

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ok this will aid you
    5 lbs of drained skin
    5 oz. of para tan
    1 1/2 lbs salt
    4 gallons of water
    Soak 16-24 hrs near the two hour end of your tanning you need to basify you skins to 4-6pH
    After that drain and oil.

Taxtiles likes this.
  7. Brill thank you