1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For Two Whole Frozen Grey Squirrels Gifted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by KatieC, Dec 13, 2018.

1. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Hi, I'm trying to get a couple whole frozen grey squirrels to mount, but you can't buy or sell them in Minnesota. The DNR said it would be ok for someone to gift them as long as they come with hunting license info. Just checking if anyone has a couple extra they don't want. You can message me or email [email protected]

Fox squirrels might be ok too, but I've never seen any around here and I'd like to use something native to this area if possible.

Thanks!

2. If folks checked its probably not legal in a lot of states to sell game animals like squirrels or grouse/pheasants in the whole. Once they are skinned you are OK but whole animals are usually not legal. I'll see if I got any running around the backyard. I have a bunch of walnut trees and they are usually some around especially with the warmer weather.

KatieC likes this.

3. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Yeah, I checked with the DNR and it was just a few mammals you could sell whole, I think rabbits, raccoons, muskrat, and beaver. I like the whole carcass so I can make my own form if I feel like it. I don't have any small game hunting equipment or experience, otherwise I'd shoot my own squirrels. Figured someone might have a few around. Thanks, I appreciate it!

4. well i checked a few times between mounting deer. saw a pine squirrel. I'll keep looking.

KatieC likes this.
  5. No luck. Even took my shotgun along when I pulled my trail cams yesterday. Maybe someone else can come thru. I'll keep an eye out though.

KatieC likes this.
  6. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I have several whole frozen. Call me 603-424-4483

7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

have a bunch live trapped no holes

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

that law only applies to selling for meat but you can sell skins or carcasses for taxidermy or dog food

9. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Still looking, thanks.

Byrdman, thanks, I will check again with the DNR. I have in writing that I'm not supposed to buy or sell them whole, so don't feel like I can go ahead and buy any. But I'll ask again.