1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Antique Tiger Pelt

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Tigress, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Tigress

Tigress New Member

Hi everyone...I’m in Australia and want help with selling on an antique tiger skin with a mounted head. My great grandfather bought it off a travelling merchant in the 30’s making the skin at least 80+ years old. It has been used throughout the decades as a rug and wall hanging so there is wear and tear to it. It has the typical antique red felt backing with a stuffed head attached.

I’m wanting some genuine advice on how to sell as I know there are strict criteria with onsell etc. I don’t want to go through an auction house either as it is in need of repairs and there is no certification on our side as there was none when my great grandfather bought it. Sale price is another issue as no one is really giving me an indication of value.

Many thanks in advance

2. Nagesh

Nagesh New Member

Hi, I am interested. Please share your contact details and also send me some photos to my email id: [email protected] to discuss further.

Thanks in advance

3. Beargirl

Beargirl New Member

Id from au and id buy it in a heartbeat from you if i had the funds.

4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it is very illegal to sell, or buy, particularly to a person in another country, unless you can get valid legal documentation in both countries. No way I would buy it, especially advertised on the internet. Be very careful!

magicmick likes this.