1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Removing Grease From Peroxide 40 Solution

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by JORiley, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Skulltastic

Skulltastic Member

That whitebone creations guy has stated that his skulls are for hunters and are not supposed to be the highest of quality. He always says the remaining grease is the skulls natural individual characteristic blah blah-which is his way for covering his own butt for not removing grease when it looks like crap in a few weeks/years. He's stated he even gives this in writing to the customer when they pickup the skull.

His skulls are for people who don't know what a real quality skull is, and/or simply don't care and want a good price and fast turn around. I do like his channel he seems like a very positive individual that cares about our hunting and 2nd amendment rights and trys to portray it in a thoughtful manner. All the while being demonetized and having videos removed by the evil hand of youtube. He has some excellent shot placement videos and other non skull cleaning videos worth checking out.

This guy turns out large quantities of skulls very fast. Thats where it ends. Good channel to watch but I would never give my skulls to him! No doubt he is probably making some nice coin with those quantities and turn around times.

I just wish he would show the right quality way of producing a good skull and then explain the time, effort, and money that is, and that his customers don't need that high quality/price ext so this is why he does it his way and his alternative. Instead I think many are lead to believe this is the correct way since he is a "professional".

His basic recipe is this:

-Remove skin and large amounts of flesh from fresh skull
    -boil in straight water, or water with an oxy/oxi clean type cleaner in it, or boil in water and peroxide mix
    -powerwash
    -put back in pot with half water half 40V peroxide, heat until almost boiling and either remove, or kill the burner and let it cool down with the skull still in there.
    -Glue in teeth and dry
    -brush mop and glo on the whole thing
    -done.

2. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Cyclone, what does cold do to peroxide? I have been stirring mine in a unheated section of the shop and it has gotten down to zero?

3. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

If it freezes it is more susceptible to degredation. It simple will lose it's potency faster.

4. cyclone

He does make a very nice video. Enjoyable to watch and to the point.

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

And another one that, right away, deliberately damages a customers skull by breaking off chunks of it and smashing out the nasal bones because you can't be bothered cleaning it properly.

Agreed that the video is nicely done though.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    BearBonz likes this.
  6. Lol yea they’re white for about a month

7. Yes. I call it lazy

8. cyclone

I was being sarcastic, but I think you knew that...:cool:

BearBonz likes this.