1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What The Heck Is A Message On My Profile?

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by bob wendt, Jan 3, 2019.

1. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

vs a message? no way I can figure how to get to a message on my profile. anyone wants to message me, please just hit the send a message and not the message on my profile, whatever that is.

ice likes this.
  2. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Same here!

3. If you click on a members name and start a conversation, isn't that the same as a private message?

4. whitetails and fish only

whitetails and fish only Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure what you are asking but I think the message on your profile refers to the number of times you have responded here on Taxidermy Net?

5. bob wendt

message on your profile is not the same as a conversation, or pm. a
    " mr big buck down" left a "message on my profile" (says so on an "alert") this morning. I have no idea what his message is or how to ge tit. I DO know how to get messages the normal way, get thousands. when this site was re-done a year or so back it really made a big mistake....imo....

msestak likes this.
  6. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Bob
    Click on the “new profile posts” tab at the top of the screen. His message to you is 5 or so posts down. He’s wondering if you have any super big coons left. Hope this helps. I’m not sure why there is profile posts but it is what it is. It’s weird to me that messages sent from one person to another are visible to everyone.

7. bob wendt

I see no place that says "new profile posts". I looked at the top. apparently I am not seeing any of the 5 messages. if he is reading, yes still have big coons. anyone wants me, please use my email.... [email protected]. or click on my name and start a conversation.

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Bob, click on your name and then click on profile page and you should see messages.

msestak likes this.
  9. bob wendt

thanks 3 bears, finally found it. looks like a missed lots of sales in the last year . anyone wants me, PLEASE do not use this method to contact me. either "start a conversation" via this site, or email me direct at [email protected]

msestak likes this.
  10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    You are welcome. How was the line this season? I did not lay one piece of steel, I missed it.

11. bob wendt

anything east I sold alive. just got back from the rockys where the good coyotes and cats are. heading back in a week or 10 days.still have 2 lion tags to use and bobcats and badgers and grey fox will be good for 2 months yet. coyotes will be 50% rubbed in 10 days, even the good westerns. never set a trap for coon rat beaver mink red fox this year. can`t see paying to trap!

3bears likes this.
  12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yep that's kind of my idea as well. Luckily I've been busy with my business and get my fill of fleshing that way, but it's still not the same.

13. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bears the best is here now with some snow cover the shrews are down under not stealing weasel bait foxes have trails yotes too and with ice the mink are underwater now for be sets hunters are gone too so you didnt miss it... it starts now

14. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    byrdman, I get what you are saying here, I just decided to sit this year out all together. If I lived where I trap, it would be different, but that is not the case.