1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wood Workers

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by oaktree, Jan 3, 2019.

  1. oaktree

    oaktree Member

    I have a costumer requesting a custom made plaque no problem other then he wants the edge routered the same as his other existing panels.
    would anyone know what the name of the bits required(as I believe it takes two passes to copy this pattern)attached is the panel I need to recreate the edge of this is the standard classic panel that McKenzie carries.
    Thanks panel.jpg
  2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

    Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

    Ask McKenzie if they can get you in touch with the manufacturer.

  3. George

    George The older I get, the better I was.

    Probably a single pass with a high-speed moulding head on an industrial shaper. A good set of carbide bits will likely have something very close. The big furniture and panel makers are now keyed into CNC machines that make duplication of custom work a bit more difficult and a lot more pricey.