1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wt Ear Drumming Issue.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by E. Byrd, Jan 4, 2019.

1. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

The deer I mounted stayed in my shop for almost 2 weeks and did fine. I brought it inside for about a week now and the ears have drummed horribly. I roughed up the liners and used romans pro 555 glue. How do I remedy this or is it worth it ?

2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Before I start let me say, I am not a good ear-liner guy...I suck at using ear liners. I do use the Romans 555 as hide paste and am VERY pleased with it. I would not use that with an ear liner though. I would use a 2 part 5 minute epoxy to prevent drumming, and there are a number of other variables. As for repairing the drumming; cut an incision in the inner ear skin that has drummed the length of the area that is drumming and another, if needed cross ways. Push the skin down to the liner and afix with super glue or the above mentioned epoxy. Once set, smooth over with apoxy clay (apoxy sculpt will be too shiny). Blend it in well and paint as normal.

3. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Jet Smith showed me a trick that has helped with my drumming of the ears.

Clean the ears with Acetone then use a blow dryer too dry the skin before you put the ear liners or bondo into the ears.

I've never used ear liners, was taught how to do the bondo method