1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Freezedrying

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jan 5, 2019.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

20190105_135554.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What happened to Freeze dry prices. This tiny 5 pointer was sent in with a split skull plate. The freeze dryer stated $1.50 an inch of time and beam length. When the receipt came back the bill says this rack is 74 inches or $111.00 . I measured it twice and its 34 inches. If I scored it Pope and Young it would score a whopping 46 inches with obviously no spread credit. Three other tracks with the largest being a 130 class SCORE all cost nearly $1000.

Are other freezedryers using a method I'm unfamiliar with our should I begin looking for another venue.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

That sure isn't right. I have no clue what method of measuring they use. Probably the same one that firewood cutters use to charge for a cord of wood when they deliver only a pick-up truck load.

Rausch likes this.

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Last quote I was given on velvet antlers was I believe based only on length of spread! A 200 plus [email protected] rack was going to be under $300!

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Make them stack it .... 4 x 4 x8 is a cord.

:)

Kerby...

joeym and Rausch like this.
  5. sgsmith

sgsmith Member

Hard to follow the logic but in my shop the cost to freeze dry a similar size velvet antlers set would be around $ 75.00- $ 80.00

6. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

TNT Taxidermy in Ingram Texas. Last time was $125.00 per set. Excellent job.

SteveM likes this.
  7. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

C964E3F6-9E6E-40AD-936B-65689A036BB5.jpeg I sent these in with the skull cap cut in half and it was close to $200.

8. Ric

Ric Member

Other than TNT what other Freeze Drying businesses are there? I was using World Fauna for snakes and small animals but they are no longer doing them.
    Thanks for any recommendations!

9. Ric

Ric Member

Thanks rbear!!!!

10. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on suppliers. When you get to that page, click on freezedriers and it will take you to a long list of sites offering freeze dry services.

11. nemo

nemo Member

Try dshorty from Fort Myers Fla. Great prices and great guy to deal with