1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio Taxidermy Supply....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DaneBisel, Jan 9, 2019.

1. catman

catman Active Member

I have not been on here in a couple of years. Now I remember why. Bickering just isn't as fun as it used to be.

John C likes this.
  2. Let's all wait until the we need the item tomorrow to order it today.

You are running a business and you wait until the last minute to order, you have to be hoping everything is going to go perfectly. That includes everything from your order to everything being in stock to the delivery and no miss-routing.

It was a mistake, things happen Rudy is trying to make it right. even paying the shipping.

Planning ahead is the easy way.

As for internet ratings, dont believe that crap either. I see ratings I know are fake. See it all the time.

People tell lies all the time, especially in todays world of fricking cry babies

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jackson, REALLY???? What does one star on a customer rating mean to you? Would you go to a doctor with a one star rating? The only difference is that this person didn't hide behind anonymity. Since taxidermy supply houses don't use a rating system and this is one of the few sites other taxidermists can get some idea of what's happening within the industry, I suppose some people would like to roast marshmallows and sing Kumbaya all the time.

And just so you know, this one hits damned personal with me. Some years ago, I was a member of the NTA Board of Directors. I got a shipment in from Van Dykes. It was a bear form that I needed to alter but when I cut the form, there was a void inside that you could have put a trashcan into. I sat down and ON MY BUSINESS STATIONERY, wrote their customer service complaining about having spent $500 on a form that would take another $50 worth of foam to repair. I also gave them hell about the detail on the form. A week later, I got a call from Greg Crain, NTA Executive Director. He said they had just received an ethics complaint about me and wanted me removed from the board. Who from? The manager of Van Dykes Customer Service. I actually had to appear before the board to explain my "unprofessional conduct" and what they got wasn't exactly what they should have expected. I told them if conducting my personal business was going to be used by the board, they could stick my position up their ass and as for Van Dykes, next time I'd just post it on social media where everyone could see it. I stayed on the board, the manager was fired. I don't like toasted marshmallows and Kumbaya is not my kind of song to sing.

3bears likes this.
  4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John, I totally agree with you about shop management, but your first paragraph and your last paragraph are almost totally in disagreement. "People tell lies all the time, especially in todays world of fricking cry babies ". That doesn't give anyone a free pass, as it shouldn't.

5. Yes, REALLY George. The sample size is 1!! One persons bad experience. I've not seen anyone else post saying they've had a bad experience with OTS. OTS has a Google rating of 4.9(11 total reviews). Kumbaya and toasted marshmallows??? I would love to see you eat toasted marshmallows and sing Kumbaya!!:D

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Just because you have not seen it doesn't mean it hasn't or doesn't happen. Many just don't bother to piss and moan or rate businesses.

Jackson1814 likes this.
  7. The google rating is pure bullshit. You can go to any google business listing and leave a bad review or good one. And have never set one foot in it, done any kind of transaction/businesses with it.
    People just troll sites like that and do just that for what ever reason.
    My own listing has several reviews from folks whom I've never seen, heard of, know, or done business with.

And we all know people and or companies dont embellish,mislead, or fabricate information on the net! And surly never ever does it happen on this site!

tviper56, Jackson1814 and George like this.
  8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Common George. Not even a little bit?

George likes this.
  9. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    HMM!! You have just given me some good ideas!! (insert evil sneaky face emoji here)

10. Google ratings dont mean crap. It is a personal impression, some people would not be impressed with w diamond studded what ever and other just stick some candy in the box. a rating is someone impression, good bad indifferent. That being there is not qualification to the rating system with google. PLus people will flat ass lie to get under others skin.

If someone fails to order needed items and they dont arrive in a week then they are mad. I ordered some eyes from McKenzie. Ok they were out of stock. said it could be a month. Well thats a while to wait but I had other things to do. Then two weeks later the eyes came in. Wrong size. Its ok I just reordred and kept the wrong size. Pretty sure I will use them and whats 20 bucks. It is not worth my effort to call them back, repack and pay the shipping.. tht surely would have been more than the 20 bucks if you count labor.

Now for