1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Iwata Problems

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Richs Taxidermy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. I have an iwata airbrush when I went to use it my water based paint would not spray,I thinned the paint still nothing ,I took it apart cleaned it still nothing,even changed the needle even tried spraying straight water nothing is coming out .So I'm not sure where to go next ,any info would be appreciated thanks Rich.

2. I have the same gun , try loostening the nut that holds the needle tight and pull the needle towards the back ok the gun and tighten nut again play with that setting , thats a common problem i have with it, it you pull it put too much then too much paint will spray, you will see what i mean when you play with it

3. Ok thanks ,I have been pulling my hair out ,it gets dirty and a little pa8nt will come out ,but nothing is coming out ,not even water.

4. Well that didn't work ,thinking the fluid nozzle is bad.

5. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Is it blowing air back into the paint? Like bubbles in the paint cup?

6. thers a clog somewher take it apart soak it in lacqer thinner put it back together

7. socalmountainman

Not if its blowing air back into the paint but, he hasn't responded so, maybe he fixed it.

8. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

How much pressure are you using?

9. socalmountainman

None of this matters if he doesn't answer a simple question. I have an Iwata Eclipse.
    Problem #1.
    If the bleed hole is covered it forms a vacuum in the cup. Air doesn't go in - nothing comes out.
    Problem #2.
    He is using water-based paints. These dry almost as they leave the tip. It doesn't matter how often you clean your airbrush, it will dry 5X per session! I actually unscrew and remove the needle cap to watch the accumulation, just don't drop it or you'll screw up the needle.
    Problem #3
    If it is blowing bubbles in the paint then the nozzle cap is not tightened enough against the needle cone and its blowing back into the paint.

Maybe he will respond so we can help him.
    I have less trouble with my $59 Paasche VL's than I do with this expensive piece of c--p!

rigbobby and Lance.G like this.
  10. No bubbles unless you put your fingers over needle ,you said nozzle cap ,are you talking the cap that protects needle

11. 40 pounds,even cranked it to 80

12. When you put your finger under needle it wants to spray like maybe the needle is not seated in the tip properly .

13. socalmountainman

No, the Head Cap that actually pushes on the cone against the needle. It has the flat sides for a wrench. Make sure it is snug. It's #3 in the diagram. IW_ECIPSE_SCH.png

14. Ok I didn't want to twist it too much ,maybe left it too loose,thanks for your help ,I've been using it for a year and never had this happen.

15. socalmountainman

I hope that's it. Sometimes it's the simplest things that can cause all the headaches!

The operation of these airbrushes is all about the same. The more expensive they are, the more parts they have. So many o-rings and screw down pieces that you are bound to have an air leak or it's sucking in air and that translates to no paint coming out.

I tend to use my Paasche's more because they are easier for me as they have less problems (less parts to tighten). They are over 30 years old! I do a lot of fish so i just had to have a "good" airbrush, struggled with the Badger Renegade vs Iwata Eclipse challenge, then bought the Iwata.

I keep saying, though, an artist will make the $29 Harbor Freight airbrush create magic - no matter how much we spend, they are only as good as we are. Good Luck!

rigbobby likes this.