1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help With Taxidermist Id?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Joe_CFS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Joe_CFS

Joe_CFS New Member

Hello, just created this account because I figure if anyone can help me, it would be someone on this forum. I dabble in collecting old skin mounts, and generally tend to buy them when the species is odd or rare. This weekend I stumbled across this head mount of a really big Atlantic salmon. I'm from eastern PA, and in all my years I'd never bumped into an Atlantic, so I had to have it.

There is a maker's mark stamped on the back, but it's very hard to read. I'm just really curious about this mount and always like to get some backstory if I can. What I can out make is:

"Mounted by Rowland Studios...New York." What I can't make out is the city in New York. There is also a chance Rowland is Ruwland or Rowbano, though I'm fairly confident it's Rowland.

I tried a little net research and nothing kicks back. I also read about Rowland Ward, though I'm almost positive there's zero connection.

Worth a shot! Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG-4277.JPG

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Belongs in the trash can if you ask me.

rogerswildlife and Gary R like this.

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Erie, PA
    neat find...thats old. if it can be fixed and touched up i would have someone do it.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Picture of the makers mark?

5. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Erie, PA
    upload_2019-1-16_23-31-13.jpeg

JL, rogerswildlife, Mudbat and 2 others like this.
  6. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    You might post this or at least a link in the History forum. There are probably people there who can help you.