1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Training ?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Dbeck, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Dbeck

Dbeck New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new on here. I really want to learn how to do deer shoulder mounts. I am Looking for somewhere in Ohio preferably northern Ohio that trains, has classes or will apprentice me . Local taxidermist dont seem to really want to help me. I have the passion and time just want to learn the correct way. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Start by getting Rick Carter's DVD from WASCO (DVD270) and watch it (both discs) at least two times and try one on your own and see if it is what you really to do. Best of luck to you as you enter the world of taxidermy.

Vic

3. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I took a class 9 yrs ago. my biggest issue is not doing it enough to really know the splitting lips and eyes. One of my biggest mistakes was having someone else to these for customer mounts. Though it customers are very happy with the looks. I learned nothing. I have been practicing on euro heads but still sucks even with the Rick Carter A to Z deer disks. Skinning heads and fleshing are not issues. LIPS SUCK. MONEY for classes, taxidermist don't want to take time to teach, time is money.

4. You are in luck I just opened my taxidermy school here in north central Ohio. I hold classes each month in various areas of taxidermy, I am sure I can help you. Check out my website at loneleaftaxidermy.com.

Casey
    419-362-1060

pir^2h likes this.