1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Artificial Duck Bodys

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by KLFL, Jan 22, 2019.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

No, the use if the term slanders the ingenuity of an earlier time. You hypothesis about anatomy is almost laughable. I suppose wood ducks could take steroids and beef up their abs and biceps, but they dont. This thread was about a FORM needing to be modified for certain flight positions. Pure bullship. To get your woodie to pitch in, what "soft tissue" did you alter on that form? Same question on taking off, flying, or standing. Bird guys tend to be strange anyway and "bird brain" is a title many have earned, but this ain't rocket science.

2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Their (Body) can 100% change shape they are balloons
    with many air sacs.. body,air,skin,feathers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    HUYE, BrookeSFD16 and 3bears like this.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    George, I answered the original question and the reason for this post. Later on you came on here lambasting anyone who doesn't think the same as you and I was bored so I gave you plenty of reasons why I don't entirely agree with you. Here is a final question for you and if you choose to answer it or not is entirely up to you but, I'm done. Is the shape of a strutting turkey or grouse the same as a flying or relaxed bird?
    Oh and to quote one of our past presidents "I didn't inhale".

AFTHUNT likes this.
  4. HUYE

HUYE Member

Some people don't know when they should take their own advice.....bird bodies absolutely change both muscular and skeletal ! LOL !!!

AFTHUNT and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  5. GotHonks

GotHonks Member

Pretty funny .... Who really cares , it doesn't matter in the big picture ....

6. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

I tend to agree, the breast of a bird with wings stretched out is going to be flatter than a bird standing relaxed. Look at Shane’s bodies they work great