1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat Fur Price

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by wa, Jan 30, 2019.

1. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

In the for sale forms there are some bobcat furs that are 1200. and 900.
    that is just nuts to me. I understand markets up down all that.
    bobcats for mounts they are not (no legs)
    But there are many this year on here in the 3,4,5 hundred $ range why would
    any taxidermist pay that. (side spots I get it comp. maybe) 99% of all bobcats have belly spots
    which don't show in most mounts anyway. stop showing the belly show the face,sides,back.
    You can get great cats all day for 80. to 150. for taxidermy

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    John C, Tgodoy32, kjdouble and 3 others like this.
  2. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Yeah I'm just going to keep buying whole cats I understand the fur Market goes up and down to but 1200 for a Bobcat no way I mean that's just crazy that s*** better be tanned and the premium of the premium

Tgodoy32, Wildthings and lee grimes like this.

3. Tgodoy32

Tgodoy32 New Member

I wouldn’t pay that. I just got 2 nice cats (whole cats) for $45! I’m lucky enough to know a guy that doesn’t care about the money. He just enjoys hunting them and so I asked if I could start buying cats, foxes, and coyotes from him when needed. He just took second place in a tourney with 22 grays.

4. wa

bobcat2918.jpg bobcat2917.jpg
    Bobcat mount no back legs (had front) kind of weird but the cat was to nice and the price was right 900$... just kidding 70$ for the cat

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    KatieC, Codi, Lance.G and 5 others like this.
  5. Bobcat – The high end luxury coat market in Russia will continue to drive demand for only the best Western bobcats with clear, wide, well spotted bellies. These cats will probably average in excess of $350, with the best of the best bringing far more. Demand and price drop off quickly, though, and the rest of the country will probably be looking at $60 or less averages on cats.

6. January

January Member

The fur market will pay that kind of money for a good cat...the cat you mounted wouldnt bring that kind of money, too much brown in the belly...made a good Mount though...as far as what people ask or pay for this fur or that fur for taxidermy..thats their business...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

By the way..you would think the guy commited the unpardonable sin by advertising his cats here by some peoples reactions...but i see as smart advertising...i hope he gets what he wants for them

7. wa

I hope he does too,
    Why would any trapper sell a bobcat put up for 40/60 when he could
    put it on here for 85 and sell them all day long.
    I'm here for the Taxidermist their are hundreds of great cats out there just
    keep looking.
    ps I trapped for many years

8. bulletbob

bulletbob Member

What people fail to realize is that it’s easier to put fur up for the fur market than it is to deal with a taxidermist. Fur market skin, flesh, stretch, turn, and sell. Taxidermy market, addvertise, answer questions, take pictures, measure, freeze, hope to make a deal that doesn’t fall through, pack, get price on shipping, ship, pray it doesn’t spoil on the way, and hope it’s what the customer wanted. It’s easy to spend 2 or 3 hrs with a taxidermy sale more than a fur sale!