1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals Of The Month February 2019

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by pir^2h, Feb 3, 2019.

1. juli

juli Active Member

Kissing Coyotes (95% done, have some to do yet on the habitat) - this will be my first mount to enter into a competition. Yikes....

Attached Files:

Bob, Lance.G, 3bears and 6 others like this.
  2. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Juli it looks like you have a winner there. Go into the competition with all of the confidence in the world, but don't have any expectations of winning anything. That way when you do win it will be all the sweeter. One of best experiences was this alligator mount. The last minute I was not going to take it because I did not think it was good enough. I took it thinking it would not do good. I took a blue ribbon, best in category, Morgan award, and judges choice.

Attached Files:

wa and juli like this.

3. juli

juli Active Member

That's a cool piece! I plan on not having any expectations other than having fun. :) I fully expect to have my ass handed to me because there are flaws with both mounts... I made my bread and butter as a commercial taxidermist with - in my opinion - above average standards for myself....but really don't have a clue as to what is necessary for a competition piece). LOL.

3bears and wa like this.
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Take it to a competition and enter it. Then afterwards have the judge review it with you to see what they think you need to work on and go from there.

Vic

5. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Member

It's great to have a one on one with the judges. Ask questions and most will take the time to answer them and the little tricks you will learn are great ribbons or not. Awesome mount have fun.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Female Cougar just finished up. IMG_3639.jpg

Audra, Bob, nemo and 5 others like this.
  7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful expression on the mountain lion

Tom Mayer and Skywalker like this.
  8. Robert Wise

Robert Wise Member

Beautiful as always......never disappointed!