1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Meet Jim Shockey At The 2019 World Show!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kathy, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Meet Shockey.jpg It is our great pleasure to announce that the most popular outdoor sportsman in the world, Jim Shockey, will attend and be a big part of the 2019 World Taxidermy and Fish Carving Championships®. Jim confirmed with us in early February that he will be available to meet and greet taxidermists on both Thursday and Friday (May 2 and 3). He will also be the guest host along with our Master of Ceremony Russell Knight at the World Show Award Presentation Friday night. A very big thank you goes to Ken Walker of Canada for making this happen.
    Shockey, who now lives in British Columbia, Canada, is the producer and host of Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures and Jim Shockey’s Uncharted on the Outdoor Channel and Jim Shockey's The Professionals on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel. His hunting adventures have spanned six continents and 50 countries. Outdoor Life magazine said he is “the most influential celebrity in big-game hunting.”
    Jim Shockey has received numerous accolades for his work in the outdoors. From Safari Club International he won the Fourth Pinnacle of Achievement Award in 2008; the Zenith Award, Crowning Achievement Award, Professional Hunter Award, and the C.J. McElroy Award in 2009. He received the World Hunting Award in 2010, and was named International Hunter of the Year and received the World Conservation & Hunting Award in 2012. In 2016, he received the Conklin Award, which recognizes the world’s greatest active hunter who pursues game in the most difficult terrain and conditions while abiding by the highest standards of ethics and fair chase. Shockey was named winner of the 2018 Weatherby Hunting and Conservation Award, bestowed upon those that have ethically taken the most varied, difficult, and largest number of species in the world.

EA, Bucknut, Skywalker and 2 others like this.
  2. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

One of the only hunting shows I’ll watch. He is an icon in hunting world; a great representative for hunters and even has some humility in spite of his celebrity.

Ron B and msestak like this.

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Yep...his show and the Eastman's are the only ones I have set to record. Most of these "celebrity" hunters or those that "think" they are celebrities, I just cant bare any more! Jim is pure class in every aspect!

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I like both of those, Ron. I can't stand corn feeder hunts or even food plot hunts. Their exciting hunts would be a big yawn for me. Give me a forked horn killed miles from the truck on foot in a wilderness over a world class Booner over corn feeders or food plots any day!

KatieC and Ron B like this.
  5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I once talked to Mike Easton for quite a while at a sportsmans convention and was impressed with his down to earth friendly way. I got the impression that everyone he met became a close friend in minutes. I get that same vibe from Jim Shockey. Very approachable.

6. Ron B

Alabama
    I'm with ya! Not against the other types of hunting at all and have done a lot of it myself but my style of hunting is deep in the woods, on foot, and with a traditional bow! Would rather take a doe like that than a trophy buck with a rifle any day!
    And one of the reasons I like Eastman's Outdoors is so much of their hunting is on public land, where at least I can hope someday I might hunt! I know I will never get to hunt these high dollar private ranches.....nor do I necessarily want to!

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I have actually hunted in a couple of places that they have hunted over here in Oregon. The show is very relatable to me.

My brother killed one of the largest black tail bucks I have ever seen about 200 yards behind my parents house. The next week end I killed a forkie on a deep woods hike. MY brother said he would gladly trade hunts. My parents have 200 acres of prime blacktail habitat with lots of big bucks on it. I rarely hunt it. I don't like easy! Now that I'm older, sometimes easy is ok. Sometimes.

I have introduced quite a few elk and deer as well as upland game birds and small game to my Port Orford cedar arrows. It worked out for me much to the birds and animals dismay!

Ron B likes this.
  8. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

Oh good Lord :rolleyes:
    You spent part of last years Elk season in a motel in Cortez Colorado and the rest of it you never ventured far from your precious porta potty you christened “The Sooper Pooper” equipped with a padded heated seat and coffee cup holder!!! Which you probably can blame for eating that cheap canned chili you ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :eek:
    And don’t get me started on that hammock you took your daily naps on in close to close proximity to your subarban that stored your precious Twinkie stash :)

dwninthedepths likes this.
  9. Ron B

Alabama
    Hey....only spent one night in hotel and that was because Jake had to have his jaw surgically removed! As for my "deluxe potty chair with side stand and cup holder".....all I can say is I like to poop in comfort....so sue me!! Bet Jim Shockey has one too!! And if he doesnt he can use mine! But as for you.......its out in the cold leaning against a tree!!:mad::mad::mad: