1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone Have Information On Daniel Blackstone?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by P413, Feb 11, 2019.

1. P413

P413 New Member

I’m having Daniel Blackstone do a reproduction of my pb largemouth bass. I believe he is one of the best at doing bass. Unfortunately, my mount is almost a year past the date he initially said he would have it done by. I don’t mind waiting if he is just behind and busy but he hasn’t responded to my emails. Anyone know if he is ok, still in the business, just way behind? I’m hoping everything works out and he is ok, as it took me a long time to first catch this fish and now to wait on the mount. Thanks for any information that you can share.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

He hasn't posted on his Facebook page in awhile. Here is what he posted. You can try contacting him there as well. :)

[​IMG]
    Daniel Blackstone Fish Taxidermy Studio
    February 17, 2018 ·
    Currently not accepting any new orders due to a backlog of other clients. Once I start accepting new orders the new 2018 price rate will be $25.00 per inch for replicas.

Fallenscale likes this.

3. Gary R

Gary R Member

Don't know him, but I went to his website. He does some really pretty work!

4. roonie

roonie Member

yes....he most certainly does

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

No phone number to contact him? You should still be able to contact him. We all get behind but I would think you still should be able to contact him by phone?

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Facebook post is almost a year old but there is a phone number right there on the page .... (941) 356-8968. The same number is also on his web page.

If you look up the address, there is an entry that says, "1844 Wisteria St is a house in SARASOTA, FL 34239. This 2,609 square foot house sits on a 0.41 acre lot and features 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. This property was built in 1929 and last sold on May 01, 2018 for $886,000.

Says SOLD May 1st of last year. Other listings show a new house that is for sale

1844 Wisteria Street, Sarasota, FL 34239 (MLS# A4425625) is a Single Family property with 4 bedrooms and 4 full bathrooms. 1844 Wisteria Street is currently listed for $2,175,000 and was received on February 14, 2019.

There were 3 people listed as living there. If you don't get an answer at the phone number maybe you might want to try tracking them down? There is a different phone number listed on the second name.

BLACKSTONE, JUDITH L
    (SAR 100058896) 1844 WISTERIA ST
    SARASOTA, FL 34239 female 1939-11-19 Republican Party of Florida Active

BLACKSTONE, NANCY KAY
    (SAR 118418388) 1844 WISTERIA ST
    SARASOTA, FL 34239 female 1957-05-07 Republican Party of Florida Active

BLACKSTONE, WILLIAM W
    (SAR 100058895) 1844 WISTERIA ST
    SARASOTA, FL 34239 male 1934-06-01 Republican Party of Florida Active

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  7. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Sea Wolf, why in the hell would you post what you just did. I cannot comprehend your motivation. Please delete that post. It is off the scale offensive.

8. DFJ

DFJ Active Member

Agreed with you 100% Don!
    Pretty tacky

9. Sea Wolf

How so? The OP is looking to be able to contact someone that he has had no contact with in a year. The artist hasn't been active on his sites for a year. The info is on Google if you look. If the house has been sold and they have moved as it appears then he has to dig deeper to make contact. That info is all public and attached to the property information. The OP could have easily found it himself. The property at the address is for sale with a brand new multi million dollar home on it. It would more than appear that the artist is no longer at that address. Florida attaches that info to a residence. That is the States policy and the info is there. Nothing says that it is either updated or correct. The OP is concerned for his mount and looking for information. If you have had recent contact with the artist and know differently, it would be nice to let the OP know. He made the post on Monday and hasn't been back since. Maybe he made contact ... he hasn't said

10. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

You forgot his SS number

Cecil and Sotired like this.
  11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

:p

Mudbat likes this.
  12. He prefers boxers over breifs also.

Cecil and Mudbat like this.
  13. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a PM have sufficed???

14. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs New Member

I too have been trying to get in touch with Daniel Blackstone, for some time. I loved what I saw in his work, and commissioned him for a 26" Rainbow Trout replica... back in October 2017. We spoke on the phone and via several emails. He confirmed receipt of my cashier's check deposit of $260 on October 17, 2017. The last email I received from him (April 2018) indicated that he was behind, and moving his shop. I dropped him an email a couple of months later, and have done the same every few months since (including today). I get an automated response that's been the same since (referring to a 2018 rate increase). And his voice mail, which still has his name on the recording, has been full for a year. He's in the wind... with my $260.

15. P413

P413 New Member

Hi Bob,

I feel your pain, I sent in my check on September 9, 2017, and now I'm out $370. The last email I got from him was in October 2017. I was able to contact someone that had posted on Daniel's facebook page and he told me that he was able to get his deposit back but that was over a year ago. I think the rest of us, however many, may be out of luck. I live all the way on the west coast, so it's not like I can try to track him down to get my money back. Now, I'm pretty gun shy to try and get another taxidermist to do my mount because I don't want to get burned a second time. I already paid for half a mount that I will likely never see.

16. P413

P413 New Member

I guess, if I ever get the nerve to find another taxidermist who can mount a largemouth bass as good as the ones that Daniel Blackstone has produced, I may go for it. My pb bass was right at 13 lbs.

Do you guys have a recommendation for someone as good or better than Daniel? Please include any pictures for reference. Thanks.

17. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs New Member

I'm with you on that... I'm gunshy for falling into the "fool me twice" category! By the way, the best I've found (comparable or better) is Luke Filmer (blackwaterfishreplicas.com). I haven't received a quote, but from posted "Sold for" amounts it appears roughly 3x the investment.

18. Sea Wolf

I put up all the info I could find, including other contacts that *may* be able to give you better/more updated contact info. You will have to Google those other names and search for info. You could also call the local Police Dept there, possibly the Town Hall for records.

19. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You guys crack me up. You're in a hobby or business playing with dead things and then you want to be OFFENDED by publishing information that is readily available to any elementary school kid with access to PUBLIC DOMAIN INFORMATION. REALLY? Do you REALLY think that your personal information isn't out there. Hell, most of you even volunteer it on your Facebook accounts and tell us when your home will be occupied, what you family looks like, where they're attending school, and where you shop at. Perhaps you'd be offended at yourself to see what information you so willingly put out there for the government to look at. During the Mueller fiasco, did you notice Brennan admitting that every phone call made in America passes through a computer bank to listen to exactly what you say. I'm old and have a built in excuse to make stupid remarks. Most of you are half my age and have a long way to go before you get there. I guess you'll be hiding your own Easter eggs by that time.

20. Yes George you are right ,I have a friend who won't own a cell phone ,says there a way for the government to track you,as far as great bass taxidermist Ken Bauman in Oklahoma is top notch..