1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Canine Teeth On Pine Marten

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by juli, Feb 16, 2019.

1. juli

juli Active Member

finally.... found photographic evidence that you cannot see the tips of the canines showing (closed mouth) on a living pine marten.

Not saying they might not show, but this photo is pretty clear. DmWggvRX0AMOI3m.jpg

HondaXR250 likes this.
  2. vic h

vic h Member

Julie, I believe your statement would be more correct if you stated that the tips of the canines can be covered and the tips do not have to be exposed at all times. By starting your post with the exclamation "Finally" makes me believe you might have had a hard time finding that picture. Just for argument sake the tips of this one might have been broken off. If I were judging one, I would care less. For every one you post someone else could post someone else could post the opposite. Neither is right or wrong. JMO
    Vic

3. vic h

vic h Member

Julie, Sorry after I posted I discovered you said exactly what I posted.........My bad... I'm on vacation.

4. juli

juli Active Member

I just remember a post from some years ago that a judge told a competitor they should have shown the tips if the upper canines in their competition mount because marten 'always' have that tip showing, even when their mouth was closed...Having trapped a bunch of pine marten, I wondered if that was really an accurate claim. I did not believe it to be, but never could find a good picture to prove otherwise.

5. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

me too I remember it