1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Free Airbrush Compressor (see Details!)

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Gary R, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

I have a brand-new, in the box, tabletop airbrush compressor. I would like to give it away, to someone truly in need. I would REALLY REALLY prefer to give this to someone just starting out on fish. Someone who has the need, but perhaps maybe they can't readily afford a dedicated airbrush compressor just yet.

So the back-story: I am a fish only guy. I'm not someone even in the business full-time. Rather, I'm someone who loves to (try) to put together respectable pieces, participate in various shows, learn from each piece and from each judges critique, and try to get better every day. I've been doing this for a little over two-years now. As a hobby. And now AS A PASSION! (Footnote: thanks to folks like Jimmy Lawrence & Mickey Bowman, for helping me try to get started!) I just moved and built a dedicated area, attached to the garage, to serve as a studio. I didn't want to run air lines from my giant shop air compressor, all the way to the new area. So I ordered a small, table-top type airbrush compressor from a reputable company on Amazon. I found a model I wanted, and ordered it up. The compressor arrived within a few days, but it was a different model than I ordered (not that there are many differences, anyway). I called the company to let them know of the mistake, and they said they'd send me the correct compressor. I asked them to send me a return authorization / label, and I'd immediately send back the first one. The company was so apologetic that they'd made a shipping mistake, that he told me to "just keep it, as an apology for sending the wrong one to begin with". I found this level of customer service (in this day and age) astonishing! So it's time to pass on the favor.

I do NOT need two compressors, and I got to thinking how valuable this extra unit could be to someone maybe just starting out....someone who'd love to have a dedicated, quiet compressor, but can't readily afford one. So that's what I'm trying to do: give it away to someone in need. Here's all I ask: you pay shipping (lower 48-only, please), you REALLY have a need for it , not just someone thinking they'd love to have a spare unit, and I will send it out to you ASAP (from Texas). You can PayPal me the shipping ($28 anywhere in the lower 48 states, according to FedEx.com) First person to reply to me via PM gets it.

Hoping this helps to jump start someone else into this crazy thing known as fish taxidermy:)

Gary R

[​IMG]

2. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Very nice of you

Fallenscale and Sotired like this.

3. Loren Davidson

Loren Davidson Member

Very good of you!

Fallenscale likes this.
  4. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

Looks like John / HondaXR250 is going to be the new proud owner of this compressor! Glad he can use it!

Gary R

5. Loren Davidson

Loren Davidson Member

That's great Gary maybe some of us can do the same to help the people trying to get a start. My hat's off to you sir!

birddog1964, Cecil and Sotired like this.
  6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I gave something away once. Had to beat them over the head to reimburse me for shipping. LOL

rogerswildlife and Sotired like this.
  7. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

I’m still waiting to be reimbursed lol
    Now I have the headache and now it ruined it for the rest. I won’t do it anymore like a lot of things I’ve given away free.

rogerswildlife, Cecil and Sotired like this.
  8. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Cecil and Frank
    Why would you ship something with first receiving payment for the shipping? That’s just asking for a headache unless these are people you know well. There is a few people on this site I will ship to prior to payment but not many.

9. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

I was going to use the old 'Texas Trust Factor', and ship it. I knew the recipient would pay it. And low and behold, he sent me the payment for freight, via PayPal, before I could even get the package sent off.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I only did it once. Won't do it again.

11. HondaXR250

HondaXR250 Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Gary is such an amazing guy for offering the compressor to me! Just received it in the mail, and im very happy with it! Great to see people helping others out, its what we are all here for! Thanks again! John

Sotired and Cecil like this.
  12. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

You're welcome. I hope it helps you a lot, over the coming years!

Gary

Cecil and HondaXR250 like this.
  13. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

That is great that you are helping a fellow just starting out.

Amazon screws up quite a bit. A couple years back my daughter ordered a office chair. They sent her a Hitachi 10" chop saw. They sent the chair but never a call tag for the saw so she gave it to me! They sent out the wrong size rim for another one of my daughters car (she wanted a full size spare). They credited her for the error, sent a call tag for the wrong rim, sent the and the correct rim but never charged her for it.

Once upon a time I gifted a new copy of Rick Carters Whitetail A to Z to a guy direct from McKenzie. The only requirement was if he left the business he had to gift it to a new person starting out.

Gary R, Cecil and HondaXR250 like this.