1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Reproducing Exact Photo Repros?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Brad Hendrickson, Feb 19, 2019.

1. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

There seems to be two schools of thought.
    1) To create a replica that captures the essence/signatures of the species and reminds the angler of every (rainbow trout, bass, crappie whatever it is) that they've ever caught but this is the biggest one - or whatever.

2) To create as close of a replica of of the exact fish that was caught.

Both have their high points and low points. It seems as though the market is trending more towards option 2, rather than 1. But I get a few option 1's from time to time. Just make sure that you price yourself accordingly if you're going to focus on option two as it is (usually) considerably more time consuming.

Also, examine your own skill set. If you want to focus on option 2 - do you have the capabilities to actually make it happen? Some guys have it, some guys dont. It takes time for everyone, though.

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Know your customer
    I have customers in the banking ind in Charlotte nc exceptionally anal on detail and they get it, but pay for it
    I have billy bob down the road and wants a nice fish, he does not get the detail of the bankers but gets charged as standard commercial mount but goes away happy
    Know, read and talk to your customer

3. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Got customers from NASCAR, Country Singers, Bankers and rednecks from down the road.
    They all are important, but get what they want and pay for.
    CL