1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Spent Shotshells

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by spurhunter, Mar 4, 2019.

1. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    Just a small hobby.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

That’s pretty neat! Good job

woakley144 likes this.

3. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Active Member

Texas
    Spurhunter,
    You were sure thinking out of the box when you thought of that idea. That kind of work is not only original, but you executed each piece very well. I enjoy seeing that kind of originality.
    Here's another way to use spent shells done by a taxidermist's wife. It has a pin-on device on the back. She provided one to all the members of her son's wedding party to wear as a 'corsage'. I was gifted this one. Saved it for its simple beauty and a remembrance of the wedding.

Attached Files:

msestak likes this.
  4. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    Well to tell the truth, I did one shell carving a few years back and didn't give it much thought. Recently on a hunting forum a fellow joked about "finding some camo dipped shells" while poking fun at eccentric turkey hunters. I did a search and found those lapel shells like you pictured on the internet for sale when I did a "camo shotgun shell" search. Then I dug up a picture of my carved shell and showed it, did a few more the next few days and saw an improvement in both detail and design. Plans to do more in the future too.

[​IMG]

Need to get busy on these, am getting requests to buy them now and never considered that.

Thanks for the kind words.

msestak likes this.
  5. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    [​IMG][​IMG]

msestak likes this.