1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My 3rd Duck

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Cameron Young, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Cameron Young

Cameron Young New Member

F540FCA9-7034-4C7A-9784-C6F8644AA11F.jpeg Hey Everyone,
    I just finished my 3rd bird today and was just wondering if I could get some feedback or if you see anything I need to change. I’m pretty proud of him though with it being only my 3rd bird.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Cameron Young

Cameron Young New Member

Photo posted. Didn’t post at first for some reason.
    Thanks!

3. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

That’s a nice piece. Hard to believe it’s your third. Get some other angles .

KLFL and Trapper2016 like this.
  4. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

I agree with Jim. I wish my 3rd duck looked like that. Heck i wish my ducks right now looked like that and i am probably on my 7th or 8th bird. And teal are freakin hard too. Pretty amazing work. You definetly are gonna go somewhere in the bird world.

Nice work
    chris

5. GotHonks

GotHonks Member

Very well done , can't say my 3rd duck looked that good ... Looks like you have it down ... The more birds you mount the better you'll get ...

6. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Member

Ok what third bird that day? LOL If that's your third bird and as hard as a teal can be your well on your way. Love the relaxed pose and the grooming is spot on, balance and anatomy of the bird is great. You will be able to go as far as you wish in bird taxidermy. Just never be satisfied and it will drive you in the right direction. Fantastic mount . . . Third bird : )

7. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed. Needs a little more preening and pull the side pockets forward and over the wings. Do you have any more pictures from different angles?