1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

100 Lb Blue Cat Blank

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by david301, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Can anyone send me in the right direction for a GOOD 100 lb bluecat blank. Right at 55 x 41.

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

You'll hit the lottery if you even find ONE blank near that size, let alone being picky and requiring that it be "good" too! LOL.

david301 likes this.

3. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Unique Species shows one at 56 x 40 @125lbs, but it's a Left turn. Also, Warrens show a 58 x 43, 132 lbs, also Left,but it's a pedestal mount so who knows what the backside looks like?

~S

4. FishArt

As I said, finding a "good" blank gonna be tough...

Sotired and Nepenthe like this.
  5. DFJ

DFJ Active Member

I just finished Warren's 58 x 43.
    It was quite nice both sides. May be bigger than what your looking for as its every bit the 132 lb listed.
    They list a 53 x 41 @ 110 lb. but I haven't seen that one.
    I can't say what the quality is now as mine came from Warren's.

Sotired and FishArt like this.
  6. FishArt

I stand corrected! Warren's/Rinehart has some nice blanks. Never thought there'd be several available that big. They must sell some to people looking for big ones for decoration - resorts and such because I cannot imagine there's too many folks catching and releasing Cats that big. My bad.

I'll be honest though. I assumed the OP already looked at the main sources. I can see this poster wanting to verify that a blank he/she found is good before buying. Or, if they've exhausted all the main sources, making a post- fine. But, I quit doing their job years ago. Sorry, it's simply lazy. Smart to get others to take the time to search, but lazy...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Sotired likes this.
  7. Thanks guys. Ive been looking but just dont have a big list of suppliers that i usually go through. Archie phillips has one but it looks like a turd and starfish has yet to get back to my email about the one they have.

8. FishArt

Sorry, your comments are confusing David. All the suggestions from these good people are from known suppliers that are easily accessible in the Suppliers Section on this website. I don't want to sound like a big di*K that's picking on you, but you obviously have internet access. These are all from the bigger, well known suppliers. Where have you been looking????

I'm more than willing to help out and have helped hundreds, if not thousands of people through the years. But, I need to see somebody at least trying before I jump in and help. Not that my opinion and help matters much. But, I'm just not getting that vibe that you tried very hard. These folks took the ten minutes to sift thru several websites or catalogs to help you that you could have easily done yourself. Now, don't get me wrong. People shouldn't be afraid to ask questions. But, if you posted something like {I found a 55x24 blank at New Wave that's close in size but facing the wrong way and Warren's has one that might do. I'm posting to see if there might be more out there I may have missed or perhaps with some smaller collections not publicized.} SOMETHING like this helps the folks that are helping you by not repeating what you've already done and it shows you have put in the effort. Again, not trying to pick on you. Just a suggestion so you don;t appear lazy in the future. End of rant...

Sotired likes this.
  9. Unique Species

Unique Species Member

NICE

FishArt likes this.
  10. FishArt

Yeah, I guess that wasn't too classy of me. Sorry, let me clarify now that I've opened my mouth. And this is JMO. And I only ordered a couple of blanks. So, maybe the ones that I received were not representative of what you normally ship out. I know "issues" fluctuate from blank to blank with all distributors. Ultimately, your blanks finished fine. Positions were fine. Right out of the mold so lots of work that I'm not use to with most of the other distributors. And there were a few defects with each blank. Flat spots, excessive amount of scales missing, other semi-minor issues here and there that needed reworking - again to get to my standard. Your prices were great. Shipping was a creative way to ship that I hadn't seen before and they shipped fine w/o any damage and I believe the cost was reasonable. Ultimately, if one wants to save money and do all that work themselves I think your blanks are fine. Just not my cup of tea. I'd rather let the distributors do most of the finish work and not me. So, again my apologies for not at least clarifying why I didn't care for your blanks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Sotired likes this.