1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

High Gloss Finish

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Jim August, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Jim August

Jim August Member

Have personal 13 foot croc, diving pedestal mount and want to put a high gloss wet finish on it.
    have tried rustoleum high gloss lacquer and it barely puts on a sheen. Looking for something in a spray can, not airbrush. would take forever spraying the croc. that way. thank You

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Automotive 2 part clear and a paint gun, You will get a more even clear coat this way as you can adjust the size of your spray fan and cover more area at once. I can't imagine trying to clear a gator with rattle cans.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

You have to be well versed with rattle cans to do it. But, it can be done. I have painted 6' and 7' cabinets with rattle cans and with the stock, tight tip. Not easy, but they look professionally done. And, glossed up to a 9' Marlin with Triple Thick (That was a challenge!) My advice would be to go online and order some wider spraying tips for whichever gloss you choose. Artists use different tips for Graffiti. The 2X stuff might be the ticket as it sprays on pretty thick yet doesn't have the temperament of Triple Thick. I moved on from T.T. about ten years ago just because there's many less temperamental products out there. Switching the stock tips will give you a 12" pattern or more and that will be the key to spraying something this large. Good luck.

4. Jim August

Jim August Member

Thank You!