1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Difference Between These Blanks

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Ballright, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Ballright

Ballright New Member

Arp3d and envision 3d can you tell me the difference envisions site doesn't really say anything? I'm guessing probably doesn't come with gills are the fins installed, seams finished? Thanks in advance!

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Both companies offer nice blanks. IMO Envision 3D is the best value in fish blanks. Tight seams, but you will have to finish the seams. Nice positions, great detail. Fins can get a tad too thin at times, but that would be my only complaint. Some are attached, some you have to attach. Ordering one at a time can bump the price up a bit being shipped from Canada. And Dave Hycan, the owner is one of the nicest guys you'll ever work with and will let you know if there are any defects in the blank you're ordering if you ask. And, sometimes he's a little hard to get ahold of. Leave a message. Arp3D blanks are snap together replicas. Everything is pretty much ready to put together. But, you'll have more to put together. Every fin and tail has to be attached. Head needs to be attached. Gills. I'd say it's about a wash time-wise prepping either to paint with Envision3D's perhaps being a little less work. When you consider they're like $3 or $4 bucks an inch less that the Arp3D blanks, Envision 3D a great value. And more anatomically correct due to the two part molding. Arps are rotocast. Again, the shipping cost will be a bit more. But, we all know that some of that cost is buried in the products prices at McKenzie and most suppliers nowadays. So. look at the overall cost to get it to your door. I think Envision 3D wins here. But you won't be disappointed with either. JMO...

Cecil, Sotired and CCarlson like this.

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Arp 3d from mckenzie are rotocast fins without seams but you have to install all of the fins. Envision3-d from Dave Hycrum in British Columbia are conventionally molded replicas where you will have some seam work and prep to get them ready to paint. I don't hesitate to use either one of these products. Dave is a good dude that I've used for years, Dennis Arp is a good dude too but doesn't have anything to do with the replicas anymore.

Cecil and Sotired like this.
  4. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

Dave H are better hands down
    JMO

Sotired, Cecil and FishArt like this.
  5. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

but also keep Rich B in mind
    his blanks are JAM UP and Tight

Sotired, Cecil and FishArt like this.
  6. FishArt