1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The "old" Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Sea Wolf, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

John C likes this.
  2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I've never been able to find my older posts on the old forum. I went by my name, not "FishArt". In fact I can't find anything on the old forum earlier than 2006. I know I signed up somewhere around 1997/1998 and lurked awhile before then. I think all those pre-early-2000's threads are gone???

3. Sea Wolf

I know that my old posts from around 2006 are there. Maybe the ones before that are lost?

For you Marty, going back to 2006 but not after. Apparently, when you changed your name on here .. it did there too. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=6

User #6? Gee, you have been on here a long time. :)
    LOL. George is #4, Ken is #1 .. Bazooka Joe #2, hmm there is no #3 and #5 ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Megan :) and FishArt like this.
  4. FishArt

SeaWolf, please excuse my ignorance! It seems through the years I have become old and technologically challenged a bit! Where did the time go??? ;) The link brings me to a page with a bunch of recent posts. How did you get to the part where it tells you the stats and the first batch of members? Wow, I was number 6? I didn't think I was one of the originals! Funny thing is I was just thinking about learning taxidermy at the time and happened to stumble upon the Taxidermy.net website. Then, happened to stumble upon DougP in the phone book (Yes, we used phone books back then - lol!) Fate or REALLY lucky I happened on the best taxidermy website and one of the best fish guys! I shoulda played the Lotto back then!

Setsuna and Megan :) like this.
  5. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

FishArt the link she posted, which ends in "u=6", seems to indicate that you were user 6.

To find mine I just went to my profile, looked at the URL, and I guess I was user 37,403.
    Then I clicked on the "Profile Info" button, selected "show stats" and I've spent some serious time on here lol.

I suppose you can just edit the URL to a different user number and see what comes up.

The 100th member was C00ter, who spent a total of 6 minutes online.

FishArt likes this.
  6. Sea Wolf

Yes Marty, your number is in your user profile. The first page is your more recent posts .. but .. if you click on the last page (#549) it brings you to the first post of yours on there made on Sept 9th, 2006. There are those before it that are missing because it appears that you are already in a conversation with Cecil and others about Mr. Ts first fish. Also conversation about the change from the previous old forum. It seems that no one is ever deleted (sans C00ter) and why some of the numbers seem so high. It also appears that any posts made before 2006 are all indeed lost unfortunately. The forum was changed to that old forum format then. I don't remember what the forum was like before then as I was mostly a lurker sponge. There were useful posts on bagging heads to remove horns back then even. Some things have been repeated but I wonder how much ended up being lost from that far back.

Megan :) and FishArt like this.
  7. FishArt

Well thank you! You two are SO smart!!!