1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Allergies To Apoxie Sculpt

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by juli, Mar 13, 2019.

1. juli

juli Active Member

I think I am beginning to develop an allergy to apoxie sculpt. Mostly around my eyes. They get super irritated and the skin/eyelids gets very irritated as well.

SO ----- what are the alternatives? I hate wearing gloves - tried it and it is just annoying as hell.....

2. nemo

nemo Member

Joe Kaiser ended up in the hospital, because he wouldn't glove up. I don't like to glove up either, but your health and learning to adapt to a new learning curve for your health outweighs stubbornness

msestak likes this.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

https://www.intex.co.nz/shop/Brands...xdqazYlcu50AuxWjzbkF&__utmv=-&__utmk=58845614

Never tried this stuff but it may work. Google "Liquid Gloves" or "Liquid Hand Shield" and there's several different products out there that might be of interest to you. This product in the link stays on vs some degrade when you run your hands under cold water. The water soluable ones probably wouldn't work since you need to lubricate when working with Epoxies.

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Don't know what to tell you do about your problem with apoxie scultp. Most people are unaffected but everyone is different. My daughter developed an allergy to EZ-100. Just handling a skin that is tanned with it makes her break out. Gloves didn't help either.

5. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Try Smooth Ons Version. I've heard folks can use it even if they have had a reaction to Aves. It's a little different to work with but it's basically the same thing.

6. roonie

roonie Member

DETOX THE BODY...allergies will dissapear...remove your dental amalgams

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Detoxing - I find Vodka Tonics work very well! ')

3bears likes this.