This is my very first attempt at assembling/painting a repro. Just doing it for fun. I'm a bird guy that wanted to play around with a fish blank to improve my airbrushing. This is an ARP 3d bass from Mckenzie. I glued the tail into the slot and then attempted to "blend" the junction with fin magic. Kinda guessed on how much to use and thought I'd feathered it enough that it wouldn't show. Now that I've begun painting, it's become abundantly clear I used WAAAAY too much and did a very poor job of blending. The glob of fin magic is very visible now that i've put some paint on it. Looking for options to make this less noticeable. I doubt attempting to grind some of this down would work so I was thinking about mixing up more fin magic (yikes) and trying to "blend my blend" even if that meant taking it all the way out to the tip of the tail but doing it very thinly this time.