1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Jean Lavalee Retires

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Mar 25, 2019.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Just got an email from my OLD buddy, JL that he's pulling down his shingle. At 83 with 68 years of taxidermy, like me, he's leaving it to you young guys who already know everything. Welcome to the club JL.

2. grumpa

grumpa Member

JL I sure hope you don't suffer from boredom now, and congratulations on the big step. Hope you enjoy life without angry, impatient customers.

freeze_1 likes this.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

JL can visit here if he misses angry, impatient people! ;)

JL and whitetails and fish only like this.
  4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I have not had one day of sitting around after I retired. I love it. best of luck to him

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I quit doing taxidermy for customers at the end of 2017. Not bored in the least.

:)

Kerby...

FishArt likes this.
  6. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I figure most of us have at least one freezer full of our own stuff to mount.

7. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Congrats Jean, hope you have a comfortable retirement

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Best of luck to JL. What a long career! Hats off to you!

It has been great to be able to go into my shop and say "I don't HAVE to be in here. I'm in here because I WANT to be" and I do have a freezer full of personal stuff I was going to get to year after year.

JL likes this.
  9. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Congrats JL, good luck in your retirement!!

10. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Hi Jean! My best wishes for you in retirement! You've always been a friend, a great Taxidermist and Entreprenuer in your White Mts. Insect Repellents! I can only wish you the best - and hope you enjoy yourself! However, Taxidermy is a lot like Skating or riding a Bike - someway or another - somehow you may find yourself dabbling again in it! Have fun and enjoy life! If I can ever be of help please feel free to call me! Your friend - Bruce Rittel (AKA Rittle)!