1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Exporting To Europ

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Pim123, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Pim123

Pim123 New Member

Does any one in the USA has any experience with exporting capes or hides for taxidermy to Europe ?
    Any problems ?
    Special forms ?

I see so many nice things in the 'For Sale' but live in the Netherlands ...

2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I have not shipped anything personally, but have carried dry tanned hides, capes with me to or from other countries in the course of my travels. You would need to check the customs deptartment there in the Netherlands to verify what is legal to import. What may be legal to export from here may not be legal to import there. You would need to make sure that if you purchase an animal listed on the CITES treaty list of endangered animals, it has a corresponding CITES TAG, before receiving it. I would recommend buying/importing only dry tanned items. They will cost less to ship and will not deteriorate or spoil in transit. Also, dry tanned hides or capes are usually considered a “finished” product. Your would be purchasing leather not an animal part. Doesn’t seem to be much of a difference but it does make sometimes in terms of legallity for import/export.

Jtown likes this.

3. Pim123

Pim123 New Member

Thanks for your informative answer ! I will check with customs over here

4. We will be able to assist you with export. Our company specialize in game trophy export, hunted or purchased. We have helped multiple people in exporting this commodity to any countries in the world.
    Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or visit our website at
    www.iungo-tcs.com.

5. We will be able to assist you with export. Our company specialize in game trophy export, hunted or purchased. We have helped multiple people in exporting this commodity to any countries in the world.
    Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or visit our website at
    www.iungo-tcs.com.

6. John67

John67 Member

Read the information at edecs.fws.gov to learn about the required paperwork. The process if fairly straight forward and the US Fish and Wildlife folks have always been very helpful when I’ve called with questions.