1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is This Brindle?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Kai, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Kai

Kai New Member

I understand fox morphs...Coyote phases are a whole nother story lol. So what do you think? I haven’t seen one with a face this color before. But then again this is the first coyote pelt i’ve gotten so I have nothing but google to compare it with. Thanks in advance if you can help!
    33E5E22D-A0CE-4A14-BFCC-CB1FD839F6BE.jpeg 30825972-6476-4B38-B05D-BF26F7CF4526.jpeg E4F44114-3F32-4DF8-9E24-BF8CC66A9ECB.jpeg

2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Just looks darker not Brindle

John C and Kai like this.

3. Chippers

Chippers Member

Just dark like wa said.

Kai likes this.
  4. Kai

Kai New Member

Thanks guys!

5. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Member

The coller's a great touch . . .

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Dark as above. I have a run of them from black to redder than the fox you have next to it. Not as great a color range as foxes but they haven't been bred in captivity the way foxes have to produce color.

Kai likes this.
  7. Kai

Kai New Member

Lol yea. I have some sort of collar on all of the pelts. Started out as a way to hang up the faceless ones- now it’s just a tradition :)

8. Kai

Kai New Member

Thank you as well. I have a lot to learn about them. Do you have a picture of yours all together by any chance? I dug pretty deep into the forums awhile ago to see what kinds others here have. I’m shocked they aren’t bred, especially after seeing the collie/white marked guys. They are just so cool!

9. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Too big and too aggressive to breed I guess. You need big cages for them individually. A lot more dangerous to handle than foxes too. I agree though and if someone could afford to do it, I'd love to see the results after a few generations. No pics of them all together but it's a great idea.

Kai likes this.