1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Snow Goose Paint

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by allison1952, Apr 7, 2019.

1. allison1952

allison1952 Member

Is there a water based Snow Goose and Blue Goose paint out thee that requires no mixing or tinting, if so, who has it. Appreciate all.

2. Mario Pinocci

Mario Pinocci M.V.P. Waterfowl Taxidermy

Yes, Life Tone paints has lacquer and water based paints. I use the water base on all my waterfowl and upland birds. Mckenzie carries these paints.

3. allison1952

allison1952 Member

Thank you, does it require any tinting, just learning

4. GotHonks

GotHonks Member

Snow's ànd Blues at least from the many I work on rarely have the same color feet and bill as another and IMO there isn't a One shot paint , I always have to make my own as most customers want the same color the bird had naturally ... Once in a while I get to use basic Snow goose red ... Life tone hydro mist is a good water base paint with màny color options ... I get juvie blues with blaçkish red feet and bills , very hard to replicate ...anyway good luck

5. So many different colors in a Snows Bill, never a one shot color, reds, Pinks, Oranges and purples and shading,,, look into Pan Pastels also,,,

AFTHUNT and Wildthings like this.
  6. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

Look into water based oil paints using the basic colors and mixing them and blending to get your colors. Works great and you learn a lot about color. Pan Pastels work great but you mix them as well. I use both depending on the bird.

stuffit44 likes this.
  7. allison1952

allison1952 Member

8. allison1952

allison1952 Member

thank you

9. allison1952

allison1952 Member

thank you

10. allison1952

allison1952 Member

11. allison1952