1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Brand New To Tanning

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by pineburn, Apr 11, 2019.

1. pineburn

pineburn New Member

Hi. I have never attempting tanning before.Would like some information on how to tan some pelts from animals I trapped this past winter. I have a couple of mink that I have yet to skin and flesh. Also have a couple of timber wolves that are fleshed stretched and dried. I would like to have them tanned ,so they could be used for hats,gloves trim etc. What would be the best way to tan these for a beginner. Any information would be extremely helpful.
    Thank You

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

By purchasing a tanning kit from a taxidermy supply company, you will receive almost everything you need, plus detailed directions on how to use them. usually you have to furnish salt and baking soda.

pineburn likes this.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Plus check out pro1 , tru bond websites
    You’ll be able to read more info

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Pro1's website has really in-depth info on tanning.

5. pineburn

pineburn New Member

Thanks for the replies. These sound like great products. I guess I should have mentioned that I live in Canada. Cant seem to find these products here. To get them shipped here would be to costly. Thanks again for the info.

6. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Active Member

NY
    There supply houses in Canada to.for taxidermy.

7. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Go check with you taxidermy association. They can provide you with info. Lot of good folks their. Call ,and join them. It’s well worth your time